Last Thur. the kids and I made a quick trip to Boise for the afternoon, I had a Doctors appt. and I thought we would go to Costco and then head home before dark! Well by myself with three kiddos is never a quick trip! So we got headed home later than I wanted, we were driving from horseshoe Bend and had just made it past Banks where the road starts getting really curvy! I was going pretty slow because there are always so many deer! I turned around one corner and there were two cars coming at me the opposite lane and there were two boulders right in the middle of my lane, so I have two sec. to think swerve to miss the rocks and have a head on with the oncoming cars or slam my breaks and see what happens, so that's what I did I was only going about 35 but because of the icy roads it felt like it took forever to stop and I ran my right tire over the rocks and heard the pop and found a place to pull over and check the damage! It was bad the whole rim was bent and the tire was gone! I tried not to panic for the kids sake but I was so scared in the middle of no where with three kids and a flat tire, and no cell service!
No cars came for about 15 min. and then finally a truck stopped, he was on his way to Boise, he changed my tire and the spare was kinda flat, so he said he didn't feel good about letting me and the kids drive again and have the same thing happen! So he loaded up my groceries into his truck helped me load the kids and drove us 50 miles back to Donnelly! Normally I would be scared to just get in the car with a stranger, but I wasn't scared of him and I figured the alternate would be worse! I couldn't believe how nice and helpful he was to do all this for me! He wouldn't even let me pay him! We definitely made a new friend that night! I am so thankful that there are still people in this crazy world that will help others in need! I plan to pay it forward any time I get the chance to help someone!
I Do Now
3 days ago













5 comments:
Oh Tara that is so scary! don't drive by yourself anymore! We miss you cant wait to see you in a couple of weeks!
I'm so happy you didn't choose to swerve into oncoming traffic!!! You definitely count your blessings & realize how much Heavenly Father is aware of us at every moment - especially when he sends wonderful people like that man into our lives at the right time. SOOOO happy you guys are safe!
Oh man that would have been scary. Glad you are all ok though.
Ohhh...how scary! I am sooo glad you guys are ok. You definitely were being watched over. What a blessing :)
What a blessedly wonderful man! Glad all turned out well for you! Be careful!!
Post a Comment